1. Pedal.World service online rental service is owned and run by Dataridoo Oy, trading as Pedal.World service and Wootori service, a company incorporated as a private limited company in Finland (business ID 2818022-6) with registered offices at Salmisaarenaukio 2, 00180 Helsinki.
2. By accessing, browsing and using our website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the “website”) and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
3. Pedal.World service provides an online platform through which bicycle rental companies and other associated companies offering biking-related services (Pedal.World service partners) can advertise and rent out bicycles and other biking-related services in Europe.
4. By making a reservation through Pedal.World service, you are entering into a legally binding contractual relationship with the Pedal.World service partner of your choice.
5. Pedal.World service acts as an intermediary between you and the Pedal.World service partner, transmitting the details of your reservation to them and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Pedal.World service partner.
6. In making a reservation using Pedal.World service, you agree with any additional terms and conditions of the Pedal.World service partner which should can be obtained from them prior to booking.
7. Pedal.World service may at its discretion update or amend its website without prior notice or obligation: by entering into a rental agreement with a Pedal.World service partner, you accept that you should keep the website under review to ensure you are aware of any changes.
8. The information hosted on the Pedal.World service website is based on the information provided to us by Pedal.World service partners who remain at all times fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information relating to their service displayed on our website. No warranty, express or implied, is given by Pedal.World service with regard to any information provided by Pedal.World service partners. Pedal.World service partners featured in Pedal.World service’s website are solely responsible for providing you with final quote and booking conditions for your reservation.
9. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services, we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information.
10. Our website does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement.
11. Pedal.World service are not an agent for, and accept no responsibility for your direct dealings with Pedal.World service partners. You should satisfy yourself that you are prepared to accept the terms and conditions offered by Pedal.World service partners before committing to any agreement with them and you should not assume that a Pedal.World service partner has the same terms and conditions as any other Pedal.World service partner.
12. Transactions over the internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the nature of the internet. Pedal.World service is unable to guarantee the confidentiality or security of any data passing via this website. Accordingly, your use of this website is at your own risk.
13. When you make a reservation, you accept and agree to the following cancellation and no-show policy (unless the partner store listing specifically mentions different terms):
* Cancellation more than 28 days before rental: 100% refund
* Cancellation between 28 and 14 days before rental: 75% refund
* Cancellation between 14 and 7 days before rental: 50% refund
* Cancellation less than 7 days before rental day: no refund
* No show or only partial use of period of rental: no refund
Please note: these cancellation terms do not apply to event registrations or any packages containing an event registration. Event registrations can not be cancelled or refunded.
14. In the case of a rental cancellation by the Pedal.World service partner prior to the rental commencing, hirers will be refunded the total amount paid, but Pedal.World service is not liable for any payments or compensations due to additional expenses including (but not limited to) travel tickets.
PRICES AND ONLINE PAYMENT
15. No payment details are stored by Pedal.World service. All transactions are verified and processed by Stripe.
16. All prices on our website are inclusive of VAT and all other taxes unless stated differently on our website or in our confirmation email.
17. Any currency conversions shown are for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary.
18. Pedal.World service are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not collect any personal information from you that you do not volunteer, and we are the sole owner of all information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that we have not mentioned in this statement.
19. By booking through Pedal.World service, you agree to receive e-mails or other electronic messages in relation to your reservation. You also agree that we may send an e-mail after your rental period inviting you to complete a review of your rental experience. Please see our privacy and cookies policy for more information about how we may contact you. You may choose to participate in our email marketing program by opting in. You may cancel your subscription at any time on our website. Our marketing emails may contain content (incl. offers and promotions) provided by selected third parties. We do not sell or distribute your email address to any third parties.
20. Once submitted, your review may be used by Pedal.World service website to provide information to future users of the website or as marketing for Pedal.World service services. Pedal.World service reserves the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
21. Subject always to our disclaimers above, we shall only be liable for loss and damage actually suffered, paid or incurred by you arising from our negligence or breach of contract in providing our services up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or a series of connected events).
22. Neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the Pedal.World service partners and/or their rental objects as made available on our website, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by the Pedal.World service partner or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or (v) (save as provided by law) any personal injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to acts, errors, breaches, negligence, wilful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or wholly or partly attributable to the Pedal.World service partner or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are directly or indirectly made available, offered or promoted on or through our website, including any cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
23. You agree and acknowledge that the Pedal.World service partner is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of any local taxes that may be due on the total amount of the rental fee to the relevant tax authorities. Pedal.World service is not liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of any local taxes.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
24. Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available on or used by our website and the intellectual property rights (including the copyright) of the contents and information of and material on our website are owned by Pedal.World service, its suppliers or PEDAL.WORLD SERVICE partners.
25. These terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Finnish law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and/or our services shall be subject to the following dispute resolution process:
- Upon being notified of a dispute, we will attempt to reach a speedy and amicable informal settlement with you and/or the Pedal.World service partner; failing which you agree that
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, if not mutually agreed between the Parties within thirty (30) days of commencing such discussions, are finally settled by arbitration by one arbitrator in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Finland Chambers of Commerce. The arbitrator is appointed in accordance with said Rules. The arbitration proceedings shall be held in Helsinki, Finland in English.
26. If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.